- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
About the Role
McAfee is looking to recruit a skilled and experienced operational manager to lead the McAfee Labs Infrastructure Operations team in the UK, with strong emphasis on operational support, incident management, delivering new projects and technologies for internal customers, policy and process improvement. The successful candidate will have a technical background as well as strong team management and communication skills. As the Infrastructure Manager you will lead a small local team of highly skilled individuals working with a and work with a broader, global team to design, implement, maintain and improve solutions following best practices (e.g. ITIL) to meet the requirements of different teams and functions within the organisation and ensure the successful delivery of key projects and technologies.
- Day to day line Management of the Infrastructure Team in the UK
- Manage the delivery and support of critical production Infrastructure
- Incident and Problem Management
- Effectively plan, manage and participate in business critical projects
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with other internal departments in McAfee Labs and McAfee
- Develop and maintain relationships with Suppliers and VARs
- Work closely with other Managers and Senior Managers across McAfee to ensure the delivery of world class operations within production environments
- Liaise with and co-ordinate joint operations with Infrastructure teams in the US and APAC
- Review and improve service level management functions, including service delivery, on-call management, service continuity, incident management and change management
- May need to provide occasional out of hours support and some travel
- ITIL V3 Foundation Qualification in IT Service Management
- Technical and line management experience with a proven track record of managing successful, high performance IT Operations and Project teams
- Excellent IT infrastructure and operations experience combined with a technical background (preferably from a medium to large Software house)
- Incident and Problem Management
- Experience of hiring, managing, cultivating and motivating technical teams
- Excellent verbal & written communication and presentation skills
- Strong time management, scheduling and coordination skills
- Planning and project management skills and experience
- Highly flexible with the proven ability to manage multiple tasks and to work independently
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and various flavours of Linux
- Practical experience with LAN & WAN network protocols and topologies
- Strong VMware implementation and administration skills
- Practical Windows and Linux System Administrator skills or background
- Project Management qualifications
- Experience of working with NAS and SAN technologies
- Disaster Recovery / Service Continuity Planning and Execution
- Experience of working with and understanding software developers
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Leading-edge technology; fast-paced opportunity; passion, belief and commitment that drive change and create positive IT solutions for a safer world – that's McAfee. As the largest dedicated security company in the world, and an employer of choice, we're big enough to offer career opportunities on a global sc...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with McAfee
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this