Project Director - Study Start Up
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Competitive + Benefits
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
Project Director - Study Start Up
Covance, with headquarters in Princeton, New Jersey, is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive drug development services companies, with annual revenues greater than $2 billion, employees in more than 60 countries, and more than 11,000 employees worldwide.
You can make a difference by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world. Our commitment to this mission has resulted in Covance’s impressive history of company stability and growth. We’ve achieved these results by fostering a work environment that encourages, develops and leverages our team’s capabilities.
For us the most important is to find the right staff that will enjoy working in a global environment and can bring value to a successful company and having fun while doing it.
At Covance anything is possible!
We are currently recruiting for a Project Director in Study Start-up to be based at our Maidenhead office. In this role you will be managing global projects within study start-up while supporting and driving your team to achieve their targets. This is a full time and permanent position. Key activities include:
About the Job
- Responsible for provision of client deliverables on-time, within budget and scope and with required quality for assigned projects or program.
- Ensure Six Sigma initiatives are implemented successfully on projects or programs.
- Initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects or programs.
- Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned projects or programs adhere to professional standards and SOPs.
- Monitor team performance and facilitate adjustments when necessary to ensure goal attainment.
- Define and manage project or program resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
- Implement and monitor progress against project plans and revise as necessary.
- Responsible for appropriate issue escalation to CAIR program and/or stakeholder(s).
- Prepare and actively participate as operational lead in internal Project Review meetings.
- Contribute to proposal strategy, development, costing, and bid defense for assigned business development opportunities.
- Proactively identify out of scope activities, ensure necessary change orders are executed and support negotiations with client on project budget issues.
- Accountable for budget across assigned projects and/or programs.
- Manage client expectations. Anticipate client needs and plan accordingly and serve as key client contact for assigned projects.
- May be assigned line management responsibilities for the training, utilisation, development and performance review of assigned staff. In the absence of line management responsibilities, the Project Director will be expected to mentor project management staff.
- Have a university/college degree (life science preferred), or certification in a related allied health profession from an appropriately accredited institution (e.g., nursing certification, medical or laboratory technology)
- Detailed knowledge of financial control procedures (e.g. costing systems, TAQ / EVA).
- Thorough knowledge of project management processes, especially regarding study start up.
- Typically 6 - 8 years experience working in clinical research and ideally a minimum of 4 years working as a clinical Project Manager or in leadership of start-up activities
- Experience in managing global programs with large financial value and complicated structure, multiple vendors and/or sub-CROs and Academic Research Organizations in a virtual environment.
- Ability to utilize resources effectively on large global scale including programs with multiple budgets
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix system.
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence presenting to senior management.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career.
Title and salary commensurate with experience
There is no better time to join us!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive drug development services companies with more than 11,000 employees in 60 countries. Through its nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services, Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medic...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with Covance
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this