- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- £30-40k + benefits
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
Experian’s MIS Division provides an unrivalled understanding of individuals, markets and economies in the UK and around the world. We have an international team of over 300 researchers, analysts and consultants, generating insight and advice on a wide range of marketing, public policy and business issues.
As a Lead Analyst within the Analytics team of Experian Marketing Information Services you will have strong analytical and problem solving skills and will play a leading role in the delivery of a wide range of analysis, mapping, profiling and modelling projects for some of the UK’s leading public sector and commercial organisations. Having expertise in a range of analytical techniques and GIS applications is essential.
- Manage multiple spatial analytics projects simultaneously; delegating a high proportion of tasks to others.
- Effectively plan timescales and prioritise tasks for projects being delivered by both yourself and others in order to deliver on time, to budget, to specification, with 100% accuracy.
- Regularly liaise with project sponsors to review project requirements and deadlines.
- Manage / deliver spatial analysis projects, including catchment profiling, pen portraits, drive time analysis, market size analysis, location planning, gravity modelling, regression modelling.
- Independently undertake analysis and manipulation of data using advanced analytical techniques and applications.
- Undertake project work across a range of industry sectors.
- Provide interpretation of analysis to internal / external clients.
- Provide analytical support to account managers at client meetings and input into analysis proposals.
- Line manage staff within the Spatial Analysis team.
Job requirements & qualifications
Minimum of a 2.1 degree with high mathematical / statistical content.
A Masters in GIS, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Programming is advantageous.
- Extensive proven commercial experience of delivering analysis projects (including experience of delivering spatial analysis projects).
- Experience of managing analytical projects where elements of hands on work were delegated to others.
- Experience of leading analysis projects that improved client location planning decisions.
- Good knowledge of basic spatial analysis methods (e.g. profiling, catchment / drivetime analysis, estimated market sizing) and data set types (e.g. consumer demographics and segmentations, shape files).
- Experience of delivering projects across multiple sectors, including retail.
- Proven hands on experience of data analysis software. E.g. Alteryx, SAS, WPS, Clementine and considered an advanced user / expert in at least one.
- Excellent data mining skills. Can manage large data sets (1m records+) and manipulate / transform as required. Essential would be ability to use analytical software to transpose, sort, join / merge, summarise, append, derive new attributes.
- Hands on knowledge of advanced spatial analysis methods including building statistical models (e.g. Regression, Spatial Interaction / Gravity). Has led the planning stages to ensure the most suitable model for a wide variety of requirements, data availability, etc
- Expert user of at least one GIS software package.
- Advanced MS Excel user with experience of using tools including pivot tables, sorts and paste specials and functions including vlookup, sum, if.
- Excellent skills of creating and delivering presentations in MS PowerPoint to a wide variety of audiences.
- Significant experience of providing insight and recommendations from analysis outputs.
- Experience of automating repeatable analysis processes.
- Experience of qualifying analysis sales opportunities and subsequently scoping and costing in the form of a proposal. Must have some experience of working with external project sponsors and shaping bespoke analytical projects to best fit client requirements.
- Mathematically minded with strong logical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Significant experience of sense checking analysis outputs and ensuring processes are error free.
- Knowledge of MS Access (or other database software), VB or SQL is an advantage.
We provide all our people with an attractive base salary, a competitive reward package and performance-related bonus or commission as part of that package. But it’s not all about salary. Think of it as a ‘total reward package’ that collectively adds value to your life at work and at home. The package will vary according to your role and level of experience. However, benefits may include:
- a pension scheme
- a sharesave scheme
- corporate discounts
- membership of Experian’s Sports & Social club
- enhanced maternity or paternity pay childcare vouchers
Whatever your package, we'd hope that you find working at Experian a truly fulfilling and beneficial experience.
Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 80 countries. The company helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their ...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with Experian
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!