Senior Technologist - Hematology
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Competitive + Benefits
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
You can make a difference by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world. Our commitment to this mission has resulted in Covance’s impressive history of company stability and growth. We’ve achieved these results by fostering a work environment that encourages, develops and leverages our team’s capabilities.
This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
For our laboratory inGeneva, we are looking for a
Senior Technologist - Hematology
The main responsibilities of this position are:
- Provides informal leadership to department staff through mentoring and coaching.
- Oversee training activities within the department to ensure accuracy, quality, and consistency. Ensure area personnel are appropriately trained to support on-going routine production. Ensure training is completed as scheduled, and is properly documented prior to the individual testing and reporting patient results.
- Ensure competency is completed, as scheduled, by periodic review of competency documentation.
- Oversee the timely and accurate development of training materials and checklists for the department/sites.
- Provide on-going guidance, and support to department staff for training needs.
- May provide feedback to management on staff performance evaluations.
- Act as a consultant to the lab management, internal customers, and clients in all technical/scientific facets relating to departmental activity.
- Manage inquiries/requests for supporting documentation regarding data, test methodologies, new test codes, worksheets, and other internal customer/client needs.
- Attend customer team meetings, and participate in client conference calls where needed.
- Serve as site resource to provide guidance/direction to global sites for implementation of new processes/changes, and facilitate resolution of global issues.
- Drive timely implementation of new assay validations, instruments, and equipment according to SOPs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) for new initiatives, Six Sigma projects, and other process improvement projects.
- Effectively utilizes performance measures/metrics to identify potential opportunities to drive improvements in quality, cost, cycle time, and service.
- Performs research to support requests for new instruments/equipment needed to implement new assays, improve productivity, and reduce costs. Works with potential vendors, and provides necessary information to internal customers for implementation.
- Oversee delegation of workflow. Ensures the efficient operation of workstations and areas of responsibility to ensure timely resulting of quality data.
- With management, may lead cross-site harmonization efforts.
- Provide support to management for relationships with vendors to ensure company resource needs are met and issues are addressed.
- • Medical Technologist (CFC holder)
• Pharmaceutical Biology Technologist (CFC holder)
• Medical Technologist (Swiss State School of Medical Technologist Degree holder)
• Medical Technologist (BTS, DUT, IUT Degree holder)
• Foreign Medical Technologist Degree holder with equivalency statement from Swiss Red Cross
- Strong knowledge in ADVIA
- Capability to identify pathological cells and to put a hematological diagnosis.
- Slides reading experience
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes
- Fluent in French and English
Covance is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive drug development services companies with more than 11,000 employees in 60 countries. Through its nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services, Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medic...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with Covance
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this