- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
You can make a difference by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world. Our commitment to this mission has resulted in Covance’s impressive history of company stability and growth. We’ve achieved these results by fostering a work environment that encourages, develops and leverages our team’s capabilities.
This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner.
About the Job
FIXED TERM CONTRACT - MATERNITY LEAVE COVER
This role involves direct responsibility for ensuring complete, accurate and timely accounting, reporting and compliance for a number of European companies and branches.
The primary responsibilities of this position will include:
- Preparation and timely submission of Monthly Estimates (MOR)
- Preparation of accruals, prepayments and accounting entries in accordance with relevant accounting standards and policies
- Completion of month end close in accordance with the close timetable
- Completion of monthly reporting and investigation/explanation of significant variances from monthly trend and MOR
- Preparation of monthly cost plus transfer pricing calculations and accounting entries
- Preparation of quarterly SEC information
- Preparation and timely submission of monthly cash flow forecasts
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation and timely submission of all required information and documentation to local service providers.
- Maintain strong relationships with local service providers, advisors and auditors
- Completion and timely filing of monthly/quarterly/annual VAT returns
- Completion of annual audits and timely filing of statutory financial statements (SFS)
- Completion and timely filing of corporate income tax (CIT) returns
- Completion and timely filing of statistical returns
- Effective and consistent operation of internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Support global and regional process improvement initiatives
- Support the set up of new companies and branches
- Complete ad hoc projects and tasks as required
- Fully Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Strong accounting, reporting and compliance experience, including VAT returns, audit, statutory financial statements and corporate income tax returns
- Strong Excel skills
- Good financial systems experience, preferably Peoplesoft
- Experience in an international, multicurrency environment, preferably US corporate
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career.
There is no better time to join us!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive drug development services companies with more than 11,000 employees in 60 countries. Through its nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services, Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medic...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with Covance
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this