- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- £20000 - £28000 + Bens
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
6 month fixed term contract
£20,000 - £28,000 plus benefits including: Company Profit Share, Pension, Re-location (dependent on role/circumstances), BUPA, Sharesave and Discount Card
This is an excellent opportunity to join the UK's leading Home Improvement Retailer working within a commercial function as a Visual Merchandiser.
Reporting to a Lead Merchandiser you will be responsible for developing all elements of physical merchandising both visual and analytical for an allocated product area. Responsible for planning and co-ordinating the implementation of merchandising layouts into all stores across all equipment types ensuring range performance is in line with Company objectives.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ROLE OBJECTIVES
• Working directly with the buying team, retail supply you will understand the commercial objectives of the category and implement opportunities to improve sales and margin using merchandising techniques
• Develop detailed and creative product layouts for all equipment types / stores that are easy for the customers to shop, which have the right amount of space for every product and business approval gained for all layouts. Consideration should be given to all B&Q formats, industry best practice and the current status of our competition.
• Work collaboratively with other departments, including buying, equipment, marketing, retail supply and operations teams, to ensure that range change is planned and implemented 'right first time' in all stores
• All merchandising layouts that you develop should reflect best practice are in line with the agreed merchandising principles and optimise the micro space and its return
• Capture all necessary changes to planograms using the space planning system and accurate files for these planograms are maintained.
• With the Lead Merchandiser and project team define the critical paths for each range change and ensure that all merchandising milestones on the Range Review Calendar are met and all risks communicated to relevant stakeholders
• Support the Lead Merchandiser to build the revenue and capital merchandising costs and ensure they are fully budgeted and controlled through all stages of range changes and all risks communicated to relevant stakeholders
• Prepare all the merchandising elements of the store communication packs and issue the completed packs for each range review.
• Working with the space planning team to ensure the space planning matrix for all formats is fully up to date at all times
• Maintaining the Merchandising Lab category space in line with safe operating procedures including the management of any suppliers or agencies working on your behalf.
• Strong Commercial and / or Retail Operations experience
• Methodical, thorough, accurate and numerate
• Good planner
• Have a creative flare, passion and be able to exercise own initiative
• Good PC skills
• Full driving licence
B&Q is part of Kingfisher Plc, Europe's leading DIY home improvement retailer. The group employs over 78,000 people worldwide and has annual revenue of £10.5bn. We are the first retailer in the world, and the only non-US company to win the Gallup worldwide award for outstanding Employee Engagement, picking up the award for the last five years running. B&Q achieved the Observer's Ethical Business Award, is listed on the Sunday Times Best Green Companies list and was the first retailer to buy 100% responsibly sourced wood. B&Q - Build a career in which you can say "I Did That"
We are the largest home improvement and garden centre retailer in the UK, employing more than 30,000 people nationwide. With more than 40,000 great-value products all under one roof, we strive to offer everything you need to successfully achieve your home improvement and DIY projects. More than three million custom...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with B&Q
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this