Supplier Accounts Assistant Manager
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- £20000 - £26000 + Bens
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
The main responsibilities of the role include;
- Responsible for the high performance of a team of a around 4 administrators - general people management including day to day workload of your team, coaching and supporting as required, performance management, absence management and recruitment.
- Accountable for team delivering key KPIs
- Drive process change to improve efficiencies - Identify and support your supplier accounts manager and project manager with development plans to drive our department forward and co-ordinate the implementation of new processes into the team.
- Resolving vendor queries through successful client account relationships and recommendation and implementation of procedures to stop recurring queries at source.
- Building relationships with B&Q stores and Store Support Office departments to ensure your team has a full understanding of the impact of supplier accounts management
- Early, efficient and comprehensive resolution of queries and prevention of debit balances
- Delivering accurate balance sheet controls
- Providing accurate cashflow information
- Investigating invoices which do not auto match, putting forward proposals to improve match rates, aiming for a match rate of 95% per vendor.
The successful candidate is likely to be/demonstrate;
· Part-qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
· People management experience
· Adaptable and flexible - open to new ways of working / willing to try new approaches to problems.
· Strong Excel skills required, SAP experience an asset.
· Ability to prioritise own work and that of their team.
· A strong team player with drive and self-motivation
· Able to demonstrate good judgement in subjective situations
· Organised and methodical, with a passion for accuracy and timeliness
· Proactive, able to propose solutions and make recommendations
B&Q is part of Kingfisher Plc, Europe's leading DIY home improvement retailer. The group employs over 78,000 people worldwide and has annual revenue of £10.5bn. We are the first retailer in the world, and the only non-US company to win the Gallup worldwide award for outstanding Employee Engagement, picking up the award for the last five years running. B&Q achieved the Observer's Ethical Business Award, is listed on the Sunday Times Best Green Companies list and was the first retailer to buy 100% responsibly sourced wood. As Europe's number one home improvement retailer we've helped more people make the most of their homes than anyone else. You could say that inspiring people to fulfil their potential is what we do best, whether it's in the workplace or in the home. Our policy to promote from within and to develop existing teams helps create that unique B&Q culture, where people are not just given the chance to thrive, but the support the y need to make it a reality.
B&Q - Build a career in which you can say "I Did That"
We are the largest home improvement and garden centre retailer in the UK, employing more than 30,000 people nationwide. With more than 40,000 great-value products all under one roof, we strive to offer everything you need to successfully achieve your home improvement and DIY projects. More than three million custom...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with B&Q
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this