Head of Sales- India/Africa
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
To be responsible for leading Bupa International’s acquisition of new business and retention as well as Distribution development across the ISSA region (India and Sub-Saharan Africa).
To effectively manage a team to deliver specific net growth targets, in the SME and individual markets as well as manage and grow Bupa’s distribution across The ISSA region. To deliver growth in the corporate market, working alongside the Global Corporate Team.
To support the Global sales directorate in delivering the business goals.
Accountabilities & Activities:
Business Management and Strategy
1) Manage and be part of the ISSA Sales & distribution development team(s) to achieve targets relating to new business acquisition. Measurement targets will include a combination of number of lives insured, number of distributors recruited, number of proposals issued, conversion rate on proposals issued etc.
2) View and treat the African region as a multi-region country (i.e.South Africa, West Africa etc.).
3) To recruit, train and maintain correct quantity and calibre of staff within the team to achieve targets. Operate team activities within agreed budget and in a compliant fashion.
4) To review performance of the team and individual team members ensuring that objectives are aligned, performance metrics are set, communicated and reviewed and that individual performance reviews are carried out. This will be across a number of offices throughout The ISSA region.
5) To motivate the team and incentivise achievement, maintaining positive and professional team morale. This includes proposing and implementing incentive programmes and bonus schemes.
6) To form an integral part of the Global Sales team working alongside the Global Sales Director, participating in the periodic review (once a month) of activities, targets, performance and new initiatives.
7) To contribute to the annual planning and strategy review process by supporting the completion of the Global Sales Directorate’s Annual Operating Plan and Budgets. Specific responsibilities will include development of new business acquisition strategy for the ISSA region
8) To liaise with other departments within Bupa International on day to day operational issues that affect the performance of the department including pricing, operations, finance and marketing.
9) To manage the recruitment of new channel partners including advisers and brokers across the ISSA region.
10) To take lead responsibility ( help team members) for ensuring that all existing channel partners generate a minimum amount of new business for Bupa International and to take responsibility for managing the relationship with such partners where they under-achieve or over-achieve the expected targets.
11) To devise and implement efficient workflow procedures to improve the overall success rate for the acquisition and development of new business.
1) To develop new business targets for the ISSA region in conjunction with the Global Sales Director. Must include both volumes and key prospects.
2) To manage the team to ensure all brokers, adviser and where appropriate alliance partner relationships are effective within The ISSA region to maximise new business potential as well as retention for Bupa International.
3) To measure the effectiveness of Bupa International’s new business proposals in the region and take appropriate action to improve success.
4) To drive forward the evolution of new business proposals for the region with the aim of ensuring that they remain up to date and fresh against the competitors.
5) To measure the performance of competitors with regards to new business “pitches”
6) To identify and exploit opportunities for acquiring new business:
a. On direct or broked business this must include increasing the distribution base of Bupa International within the ISSA region. Targets must include the recruitment of new intermediaries and advisers.
Growth targets need to be NET, so retention of existing customers is as important as acquiring new ones.
b. Corporate Groups must also be targeted, and existing corporate clients need to have great account management so that we retain the business that we already have- in this you will work alongside the Global Corporate Team.
7) To build and manage the development of a robust new business pipeline for future growth.
8) To represent Bupa in a professional and consistent manner in external and internal relationships. Provide a knowledgeable, decisive, supportive leadership to the team. For new business “pitches” to lead the presentation of Bupa International’s capabilities.
9) To work with your designated Marketing Partner to identify and develop local marketing initiatives including product developments for the region aimed at winning new Customers
10) To work with the Head of Loyalty and Retention to ensure Net growth is maximised and all avenues of Loyalty are explored.
11) You should be able to demonstrate that you pay due regard to customers and treat them fairly by:
• being able to explain the impact that your role and actions have on the fair treatment of customers.
• being able to explain the potential implications for customers who are not treated fairly by you or others.
• making the fair treatment of customers central to all that you do.
• always seeking to be competent to do your job e.g. by completing all compulsory regulatory training on time to ensure that you have all the necessary knowledge and skills.
• always providing customers with clear information and suitable advice which takes account of their circumstances.
• only selling customers products that they need
• discussing the risks/benefits of a product with customers in a clear, simple way ensuring it is not misleading and allowing them to positively confirm their understanding of the product that they are purchasing
• always demonstrating fair customer treatment to other employees – leading by example
• rewarding the fair treatment of customers by other employees
Qualifications, Training & Experience:
1) In-depth knowledge of the PMI/IPMI industry with expert professional Sales knowhow, and in depth experience of new sales and distribution management across different channels.
2) Expert commercial, sales and general business awareness.
3) International PMI experience is desired.
4) Experience of working in different countries and across different cultures is desirable
5) Previous people management experience is essential.
6) Understanding of insurance terminology, financing options, benefit structures and limitation, combined with a detailed knowledge of competitor products and activity.
7) Excellent communication (both written and verbal).
8) Excellent people skills including presentation, negotiation and engagement skills.
9) High level of analytical and planning skills.
10) Strong self-motivation and a desire to succeed.
11) Ideally fluent in another European language.
Since starting in the UK in 1947 with just 38,000 members, Bupa has developed into an internationally respected brand. Bupa International was established in 1971 to extend our health cover to expatriates around the globe. Since then, we've expanded our network to 190 countries and grown our membership to over 800,00...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with Bupa International
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this