Test Automation Engineer (Ruby, Cucumber, RSpec)
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
If you are an experienced Test Automation Engineer with experience using Ruby in a TDD/BDD environment then you will be in your element in our News & Knowledge (N&K) department.
N&K is part of our wider Future Media (FM) division and our ambition is to create the world’s most compelling digital media services. We aim to propel the BBC toward an online, on-demand world by finding new ways of reaching audiences wherever they are. The Group is at the heart of the BBC’s plans to transform the Corporation for the digital age.
N&K is responsible for design and delivery of BBC News, Sport and Weather, London 2012, the BBC homepage, and sites like 'Lab UK' and 'BBC Food', on all online platforms.
BBC Online has become one of the most popular destinations in the UK and accounts for nearly 10% of all UK Internet traffic. This is an opportunity to work with a visionary team that embraces user-centred design and iterative delivery to ensure our products are at the forefront of the digital revolution.
You will work within a News & Knowledge product team, and will be part of a wider community of testers. More specifically you will be part of a team that develops and maintains the automated test suite for the BBC’s content management system that runs high profile sites such as BBC News and Sport.
More about the role:
- Collaborate with product owners, developers and business analysts to define clear requirements and acceptance criteria in order to create feature level tests.
- Write automation regression tests against user interfaces and web services.
- Write system level tests in collaboration with developers.
- Develop and maintain automation frameworks.
The Test Automation Engineer will provide expertise in the approach to take to automate suitable areas of a system. They are integral to the development process and are focussed with increasing quality and test coverage of existing systems as well as new applications. The Test Automation Engineer will actively advocate best practice within the product team and work towards a test centric development approach. An existing regression test suite is in place that supports the core product. This suite of tests provides a solid foundation. It will need to be managed and will evolve over time. The successful candidate will need to get up to speed with the work that has been done and make it their own in a short period of time.
In this role you would have the opportunity take ownership of the Test Automation suite and drive its future progress and development.
- Test automation using Ruby
- Experience using Cucumber and Rspec
- Write and implement acceptance criteria. Write automation test cases that verify functional and non-functional requirements of a feature
- Experience testing XML/HTTP/SOAP web services
- Good understanding of version control systems (SVN)
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration using Jenkins (Hudson)
- Broad understanding of Agile development practices
- Self-starter with the ability to take a lead in a task and see it through to completion
- Significant experience of development in any OO language
- Understanding of Test Driven Development
- Collaborative working (including pair-programming)
- Knowledge of TDD
- Experience in testing .Net applications and Java web services
- Experience of and ability to design and execute effective test cases
- Integration testing
Ideally we are looking for an experienced candidate, but we would consider any candidate that has a strong engineering academic background with some experience of testing and/or development that was looking for a career in the testing space. We would provide you with all the support and training in order for you to achieve your career goals in this sector.
Closing date: 8 July 2012.
The BBC’s unique position as a public service broadcaster brings both big opportunities and big responsibilities for the people that work here. If you join us, we’ll expect a lot from you – but you’ll have the chance to work in a role that will challenge and stretch you. Career devel...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with BBC
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this