Software Project Manager
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
Ticketmaster, the largest ticketing provider in the world has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Project Manager to work within the newly established PMO. You will have at least three years commercial project management experience and hold a recognised professional qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP). You will also be a Certified Scrum Master and hold at least two years’ experience of managing delivering projects using the Agile framework. Responsibilities include end-to-end project planning, capacity planning, project reporting and governance of the Scrum process employed at Ticketmaster. You will be strong in the principles of risk management and control, dependency management and have a firm understanding of the role of professional project
Ticketmaster, part of Live Nation Entertainment is the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, ecommerce and artist management. Live Nation seeks to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show.management in a complex global organisation.
- Managing the complete project lifecycle including planning, reporting, risk and issue management, change control, resource and capacity management, and the control of development of key products, features and services from requirements definition to operational handover.
- Ensuring that projects are executed within specified timeframes and budget in accordance with declared quality and benefit targets using defined controls, processes and support tools.
- Creative problem-solver, exhibiting common sense, analytical reasoning skills and taking ownership of issues or impediments to the point of resolution.
- Reliable decision maker with the ability to make informed decisions based upon analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; offers appropriate solutions and suggestions.
- A self starter with the ability to quickly understand the complexities of technology against the business need in order to find the best solution against the constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Delivery focused where the delivery of value and practical lean processes to the business is the predominant driver
- Ability to work well with, command and motivate cross-functional distributed project teams in various International offices, across multiple languages, currencies and locations.
- Solid, assertive, enthusiastic and motivational leader able to guide a team into reaching common goals.
- Fluent in English and the ability to demonstrate excellent verbal, written, presentation and meeting facilitation skills to ensure a clear unambiguous message is consistently delivered.
- Inspires confidence in others that the project is under control.
- Seeks clarity to ensure their understanding is clear and unambiguous.
- Ability to spot incomplete understanding amongst team members or project stakeholders and to ensure work does not get missed through poor communication.
- Ability to formally analyse and understand individual stakeholder needs and build excellent working relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors all to ensure projects are understood and appropriate business engagement and buy-in is in place throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ability to complete and maintain good communication plans for every individual project or release they manage in accordance with prescribed guidelines.
- Good rapport builder with the ability to quickly gain the confidence of colleagues and stakeholders.
- Facilitates discovery, specification, sizing and planning activities using prescribed methods within Agile and Waterfall environments and the SDLC
- Proven ability in the management of development and release schedules with all associated processes around maintenance and publication of owned Schedules.
- Consistently follows SDLC guidelines using appropriate ceremonies and documentation as appropriate for the project
- Maintains a clear understanding and ownership of project dependencies ensuring they are managed to resolution.
- A demonstrably high level of commitment to continuous improvement of self, process and business efficiency.
- Actively involved with the maintenance, development and maturation of PMO and associated processes and documentation to include the Scrum framework and SDLC
- Actively participates in the development of a self managing cross functional team where every member of a project or release believes that they are "all in this together"
- A good understanding of the Agile and Lean frameworks, ensuring that the prescribed processes are understood and being adhered to across the whole project team.
- An understanding of PRINCE2, or equivalent methodology, ensuring the correct elements are used for a particular project.
- Adhering to a Systems Development Lifecycle from discovery to implementation ensuring that agreed documentation and processes are followed.
- The ability to negotiate for competing resources or time and to generate consensus among multiple priorities.
- The ability to identify win-win outcomes for all parities in order to maintain the momentum of a project or release.
- Ability to plan resources by skill set over time against estimates to build project / release or sprint content.
- Ability to provide accurate resource forecasts at any point in time for use in decision making around project request management, release planning or change impact analysis.
- A professional understanding of the principles of risk identification, classification and management.
- A clear ability to tactically and strategically manage project / release risks to the point of agreed resolution.
- A solid understanding of Change management principles and the collation and presentation of impact analysis with appropriate recommendations.
- An understanding of the psychology of change in large organisations, process development and embedding new processes to ensure maximum buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Bachelors Degree required, fluent in English with at least 3 years experience managing the integration of complex systems into the business environment.
- Qualified in a recognised PM methodology (PRINCE2 PMI etc). Certified Scrum Master.
- Track record in working with business and technology teams to define, develop, test and successfully deliver new products, systems, business solutions.
- Proven project management skills and in-depth understanding of the discipline and associated planning and control tools and artefacts.
- A solid knowledge of the principles of project risk management and control
- Advanced knowledge of the competitive landscape for consumer entertainment businesses and web sites.
- Comprehensive understanding of the latest trends in the online industry.
- Understanding of key web development principles and languages.
- Experience in using CA Clarity, Confluence, Jira,
- Experience of working within and contributing to a structured PMO.
- Experience in the management of ticketing, online security or transactional related projects.
How to apply
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description apply here today with a current CV including full employment and education information.
As the world's leading live entertainment ticketing and marketing company, Ticketmaster connects the world to live entertainment. Ticketmaster operates in 20 global markets, providing ticket sales, ticket resale services, marketing and distribution through www.ticketmaster.co.uk in the UK and international websites ...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with Ticketmaster
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!