Business Analyst - Information Systems
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
Our Information Systems Division has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to work in the Retail Services Business Systems team.
Working in a team of Business Analysts reporting to the Business Systems Manager you will be responsible for defining, analysing and delivering systems solutions for our Retail teams, with a particular focus on In Store Services – including applications used by our Store teams in both General Merchandise and Food Services.
This will include working with your customers to identify opportunities for improvement and change that will move the business forward. You will ensure that systems solutions are technically and commercially viable and therefore adopted by the business.
Key responsibilities in the role will include:
• Building relationships with the end users and ensuring that benefits are delivered
• Analysis & requirements gathering from all stakeholders.
• Documenting functional requirements into suitable form that can be carried through to technical design.
• Carrying out impact assessment of change on other projects and other systems areas.
• Fulfilling Project Management requirements when needed.
• Managing unit and acceptance testing of deliverables.
• Handing over a quality solution to production services.
• Participating in regular service reviews with the business in order to establish new requirements and report on on-going work.
• Working with other areas within the IS organisation such as Development and Technical Architecture to develop sound and scalable solutions.
• Providing 2nd and 3rd line support for the business areas’ solutions.
• Managing external third party suppliers.
As a Business Analyst you must be used to working on a number of concurrent projects. You’ll also be commercially aware, with the ability to translate the implications of business strategy into solutions.
Sound consulting and facilitating skills are vital, as is the ability to develop and maintain working relationships. You’ll also be adaptable and able to cope with change on a daily basis.
- A structured approach to analysis and adherence to standards.
- A structured approach to test planning and test execution.
- Strong BA experience ideally working as part of a Retail organisation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills enabling you to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong networking skills making you a key point of contact for business users
- The project management of the full project life cycle with full responsibility for risk, issue and budgetary management.
Debenhams is a leading department stores group with a total of 167 stores in the UK, Republic of Ireland and Denmark. It offers a wide range of products across womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, lingerie, accessories, health and beauty, homeware and gifts. Trading from over 12 million square feet of space, De...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with Debenhams
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this