Director of Project Management
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
Ticketmaster, the largest ticketing provider in the world has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Programme Manager / Director to work within the newly established PMO. You will have at least seven years commercial project management experience and hold a recognised professional qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP). You will also be a Certified Scrum Master and hold at least four years’ experience of managing delivering projects using the Agile framework. Responsibilities include team management, leadership and coaching, recruitment and performance management, ongoing development and improvement of PMO services, project governance and audit.
You will also manage your own projects. You will be very strong in the principles of risk management and control, dependency management and have an excellent understanding of the role of professional project management in a complex global organisation.
Ticketmaster, part of Live Nation Entertainment is the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, ecommerce and artist management. Live Nation seeks to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show.
- Empowers staff to have a sense of ownership and value in their work and to embrace change within the business with the ultimate goal of providing a professional, reliable service to the organisation.
- Continuously demonstrates the principles of professional project management, providing a consistently reliable service to sponsors, key stakeholders, colleagues and the PMO.
- An excellent understanding of the business and its strategic goals and employs experience and wisdom in delivering to these goals.
- A champion of prescribed PMO processes ensuring staff and the company as a whole is aware of and understand the value in these processes and principles.
- To set an example to peers and staff on the shared ownership of all tasks required to complete good quality work for the delivery of outstanding service.
- Provide advice and coaching to new or inexperienced colleagues on all aspects of Project Management within the organisation and the methods and organisation of the business.
- Extended experience of and the ability to mentor in the management of the complete project lifecycle including planning, reporting, risk and issue management, change control, resource and capacity management and the control of development and rollout of online products, features and services from requirements definition to operational handover.
- Ensuring that projects are executed within specified timeframes and budget in accordance with declared quality and benefit targets using defined controls, processes and support tools.
- Creative problem-solver, exhibiting common sense, analytical reasoning skills and taking ownership of issues or impediments to the point of resolution.
- Reliable decision maker with the ability to make informed decisions based upon analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; offers appropriate solutions and suggestions.
- A self starter with the ability to quickly understand the complexities of technology against the business need in order to find the best solution against the constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Delivery focused where the delivery of value and practical lean processes to the business is the predominant driver.
- Solid, assertive, motivational leader able to guide a team into reaching common goals as set by him/herself and the SVP PMO through encouragement, belief and the search for excellence.
- Employs the practice of Strengths based leadership where the strengths of each individual are recognised and utilised for the betterment the individual and the business.
- Provides excellent support, objective advice and clear unambiguous information and knowledge transfer to the SVP of PMO.
- Excellent ability to work well with, command and motivate his or her own team as well as cross-functional distributed teams in various International offices, across multiple languages, currencies and locations, setting a good example to more junior team members.
- Proven ability in the process of the recruitment of good quality talent for the organisation accompanied by the execution of an outstanding on-boarding programme for successful candidates.
- Writing formal performance reviews and setting SMART objectives to meet individual, team and organisational goals and manages staff performance around the achievement of these objectives
- Sets high expectations of self and team members and sets good example by regularly going the extra mile.
- Openly rewards good staff performance, and manages poor performance through company policies and procedures.
- Identifies an individual's needs and provides support, career counselling, mentoring and guidance.
- Manages staff leave, sickness and absence ensuring adequate cover is provided for as well as other day-to-day team management activities in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Fluent in English and the ability to demonstrate outstanding verbal, written, presentation and meeting facilitation skills up to Executive level to ensure a clear unambiguous message is consistently delivered.
- Proven ability to tailor the tone and level of the message for individuals or groups as the situation demands with the ability to mentor staff on the importance of these skills and ensure they maintain the level for their position.
- Produces succinct balanced and objective project, programme or team update reports as per PMO guidelines or as directed by SVP of PMO.
- Inspires confidence in others that their programmes of work are under control and their staff are well mentored and supported.
- Seeks clarity to ensure their understanding is clear and unambiguous.
- Excellent ability to spot incomplete understanding amongst team members or project stakeholders and to ensure work does not get missed through poor communication.
- Demonstrates a deep commitment to formal stakeholder management techniques ensuring staff follow these processes to develop comprehensive and well thought out communication plans.
- A natural ability to create and maintain important relationships with key stakeholders to ensure buy-in, clear communication and success.
- Acutely aware of and meets the expectations of senior stakeholders, sponsors and his/her manager using their knowledge and experience of the individual, the business and the circumstances.
- Ability to formally analyse and understand individual stakeholder needs and build excellent working relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors all to ensure projects are understood and appropriate business engagement is in place throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ability to complete and maintain good Communication plans for every individual project or release they manage in accordance with prescribed guidelines.
- Excellent rapport builder with the ability to quickly gain the confidence of colleagues and stakeholders.
- Understands the advantages and pitfalls of various formal methodologies using the elements of methodologies and frameworks to ensure the correct ones are being employed.
- Facilitates discovery, specification, sizing and planning activities using prescribed methods within Agile and Waterfall environments and the SDLC.
- Excellent ability in the management of development and release schedules with all associated processes around maintenance and publication of owned Schedules and is capable of coaching staff and the wider business in their interpretation and use.
- Consistently ensures their staff follows SDLC guidelines using appropriate ceremonies and documentation as appropriate for the project.
- Maintains a clear understanding and ownership of project dependencies ensuring they are managed to resolution.
- Embraces change in an ever changing competitive environment and demonstrates and an understanding of the psychology of change in large organisations, process development and embedding new processes to ensure maximum buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Commitment to the principles of continuous improvement and is pivotal in the maintenance, development, teaching of and maturation of the Scrum framework, SDLC, PMO and associated processes and documentation.
- A demonstrably high level of commitment to continuous improvement of self, staff, process and business efficiency.
- Actively participates in the development of a self managing cross functional team where every member of a project or release believes that they are “all in this together”.
- A excellent understanding of the Agile and Lean frameworks, ensuring that the prescribed processes are understood and being adhered across the whole project team with the ability to critically analyse current best practices for suitability within TM
- An excellent understanding of PRINCE2 or equivalent methodology, ensuring the correct elements are used for a particular project.
- An excellent understanding of enterprise Scrum being used across distributed teams with the ability to critically analyse current best practices for suitability within TM.
- Proven ability to employ the key elements of negotiation including, relationship building, good communication, alternatives, legitimacy and commitment.
- The ability to identify win-win outcomes for all parities in order to maintain the momentum of a project or release.
- Ability to plan resources by skill set over time against estimates to build project / release or sprint content
- Ability to provide accurate resource forecasts at any point in time for use in decision making around project request management, release planning or change impact analysis.
- Takes a lead role in ensuring peers, colleagues and the organisation as a whole develops an above average understanding of project risk frameworks.
- An excellent understanding of the principles of risk identification, classification and management.
- A clear ability to tactically and strategically manage project / release risks to the point of agreed resolution.
- A solid understanding of Change Management principles and the collation and presentation of impact analysis with appropriate recommendations.
- An understanding of the psychology of change in large organisations, process development and embedding new processes to ensure maximum buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Takes a lead role in ensuring the business understands the concepts of Change Control mechanisms and actively contributes to the ongoing development of these mechanisms.
- Bachelors Degree required, fluent in English with proven experience managing the integration of complex systems into the business environment.
- Qualified in a recognised PM methodology (PRINCE2 PMI etc). Certified Scrum Master
- Management Development Programme or equivalent.
- Proven management skills with experience of managing a team of project managers
- Track record of developing processes around PMO service offering.
- Extensive track record in working with business and technology teams to define, develop, test and successfully deliver new products, systems, business solutions.
- Ability to assess broader and deeper impact of decisions, encouraging cross-functional brainstorming and project teaming.
- Proven project management skills and in-depth understanding of the discipline and associated planning and control tools and artefacts.
- Outstanding knowledge of the principles of project risk management and control.
- Advanced knowledge of the competitive landscape for consumer entertainment businesses and web sites.
- Comprehensive understanding of the latest trends in the online industry.
- Understanding of key web development principles and languages.
- Experience in using CA Clarity, Confluence, Jira.
- Experience in the management of ticketing, online security or transactional related projects.
- Experience in the delivery of mobile technologies
How to apply
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description apply here today with a current CV including full employment and education information.
As the world's leading live entertainment ticketing and marketing company, Ticketmaster connects the world to live entertainment. Ticketmaster operates in 20 global markets, providing ticket sales, ticket resale services, marketing and distribution through www.ticketmaster.co.uk in the UK and international websites ...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with Ticketmaster
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this