- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
The area: Engineering and Operations
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
The role: Software Engineer
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies which have changed how millions interact, making accessible and useful the world's information. Our ambitions reach far beyond just Search To handle information at the the scale of the web requires ideas from every areas of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you work on small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly. You should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with, Java web application development.
- Build our platforms, systems and networking infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, OS/kernel, network system design, and large scale storage systems.
- Build internal systems used by thousands of Googlers around the world with your domain expertise in HR, Staffing, Legal, and all other corporate functions.
- Specialist domains: UI development with AJAX and similar technologies, client application development for Windows/Mac (Chrome, Toolbar, etc.), embedded systems and mobile apps (Android), developer tools (IDEs, large-scale build systems, compilers), internationalization.
- BS in Computer Science. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience.
- Programming experience in C, C++ or Java.
- Experience with large systems software design and development, with extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Strong object-oriented skills.
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-co...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with Google
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this