Lead Business Intelligence Analyst
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
The area: Finance, Financial Planning and Analysis
In addition to assisting business leaders throughout the company with all finance-related matters, the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organisation is also consistently looked upon to provide analytical perspectives to important strategic decisions. Our mandate is to design, implement and manage the processes that support business needs. This includes developing financial forecasts and analyses, generating internal management reports, monitoring key performance indicators and driving the scaling and automation of financial processes. We also provide decision support and conduct financial reviews of a wide range of business issues from deal analysis to data centre rollouts.
The role: Lead Business Intelligence Analyst
You will be based in our European Operations HQ in Dublin. In this position you will play a key role providing technical, analytical and reporting support, business understanding and a strategic perspective for all BI activities in support of Google’s Global Sales Operations. You will have a combination of business acumen and technical knowledge in helping to develop and deliver Business Intelligence solutions to meet the requirements of our internal customers. You should be a self starter with a knowledge of BI applications, infrastructure and approaches. You should be able to both work with the business in understanding their evolving requirements and work closely with Engineering to deliver practical solutions of real business benefit, while also having the personal skills and innovative drive to design and develop your own prototype solutions.
- Deliver the BI infrastructure and applications required to support the Sales and Operations management teams across all of Google’s sales regions and channels globally
- Work closely with senior sales and operations management to understand their information needs and ensure BI strategy and developed solutions are an excellent fit to their evolving needs
- Manage and own multiple BI initiatives and work programmes both on an on-going and ad-hoc basis
- Work with engineering colleagues to help shape and drive the tactical and strategic development of Google’s BI infrastructure including the Data Warehouse, reporting and analytical applications.
- Develop the skills, capabilities and impact of the wider BI team
- University degree or equivalent required. Computer Science or other technical qualification preferred. MBA desirable.
- Solid analytical work experience in high data volume environments, preferably in software, internet, media or telecoms industries. Consulting experience a plus.
- Demonstrated superior performance in prior roles with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
- Demonstrated experience and strong track record in developing and delivering reporting and analysis in a demanding business environment
- Strong database experience including proficiency in SQL coding across standard relational environments (e.g Oracle, Teradata, MS Access, etc.). Knowledge of industrial grade IS architectures and reporting tools.
- Superior MS Office (in particular Excel) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and to lead and drive complex operational and strategic initiatives
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-co...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with Google
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this