Product Marketing Manager/Strategic Marketing Analyst, SMB Customer Marketing EMEA
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
The area: Marketing
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And, we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--breaking the rules, redefining the medium, making the user the hero, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
The role: Product Marketing Manager Strategic Marketing Analyst, SMB Customer Marketing EMEA
As a Marketing manager, you are a fully dedicated business leader, shaping the future of one of our many Google products. Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. The role enables you to shape the product development process, organize product launches from beginning to end and form future marketing strategy.
As a Strategic Marketing Analyst on the SMB Customer Marketing Team based in Dublin, you will support the marketing team by carrying out analysis of individual programs and initiatives. The analysis delivered will play a lead role in providing strategic direction and recommendations to the Customer Marketing Team. You should have a combination of strong business acumen and technical knowledge to develop and deliver quantitative intelligence, reports and presentations, enabling informed and targeted decision making in driving 1:many global SMB Customer Marketing opportunities. This analysis will leverage both continuous tracking data and primary data sourced from key databases. All analysis will generate clear, actionable insights that the marketing team can leverage and integrate into program strategy and development. You will have the opportunity to work on high impact campaigns, sharing insights and findings with senior stakeholders and team members, and operating cross-functionally to ensure alignment of analysis, insights and recommendations with those produced by other key teams, including the Marketing Strategy Team, SBS Revenue Insights and external agency research.
- Define, analyze and track key metrics, trends and performance indicators to assess program performance of both new and existing marketing initiatives. Conduct ad-hoc analysis to predict, measure and interpret customer marketing program impact and trends for senior level presentations.
- Conduct in-depth, sophisticated quantitative analysis (leveraging both continuous tracking and ad-hoc projects) that translates data into actionable insights, supporting decision-making, identifying issues and delivering recommendations that will positively impact the strategic direction of projects.
- Monitor, summarize, synthesize and present complex data set implications to the marketing team and senior executives. Work closely with the Strategy team to align and share emerging research findings and analyses.
- Prepare presentations and clearly communicate findings and recommendations from initiatives to the wider team, senior management and other key partner teams across the organization.
- Where required, build models to predict or explain business performance and conduct root cause analysis to resolve issues or identify opportunities for improvement.
- Degree in Economics, Computer Science or related field. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of SQL/ relational databases is a requirement. Experience & comfort working with & manipulating large data sets is a key component of this role.
- Vigorous and dedicated, a self starter who can operate at strategic as well as very tactical levels given the dynamic nature of the SMB channel; experience of working across multiple cross-functional teams
- Distinctive research, problem solving and analytical skills, combined with experience in creating access or SQL based databases and strong business acumen
- Ability to manipulate and interpret large data sets for exec level audience; superior Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Consistently delivering quality outputs in an exciting and dynamic environment with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills, including ability to take complex topics and create compelling narratives for different audiences
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-co...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with Google
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this