IC Design Engineer (RTL Code, VHDL, Verilog)
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Competitive + bonus + benefits
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
Research In Motion (RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry with the introduction of the BlackBerry® solution in 1999. Today, we are ready to set the industry alight once again, with the launch of the BlackBerry® 10 OS and our next generation of leading edge mobile computing devices. It’s an exciting time for us, and you can be part of it.
As a Digital IC Designer, you will assist in the design, integration, and verification of sub-systems for the implementation of cellular modems and systems.
You will be a member of the Cambridge based wireless hardware development team with the following responsibilities:
- Development of RTL code for the implementation of advanced algorithms in both ASICs and FPGAs.
- Block and system level verification using both C++ and RTL testbenches.
- Synthesis and optimisation of designs for both ASIC and FPGA implementation.
- Design documentation.
The person will be required to be a team player, well organized, logical, have excellent communication skills and be determined to succeed, with the ability to work on their own initiative and have the aptitude to expand the knowledge base in all aspects of IC design.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive relevant industry work experience, ideally in design and development for ASICs or FPGAs.
- Experience in an RTL design language (ideally VHDL but also Verilog).
- Experience in programming with C.
- Hardware and software debugging skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations and constraints.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: a real team player.
- A desire to work in a small, fast paced, innovative environment.
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing principles and algorithms.
- Experience in one or more of the following wireless standards: 802.11, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS/WCDMA, LTE.
- Knowledge of low power design techniques.
- Linux, C++, SystemC experience.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics simulation tools.
- Experience with Synopsys or Cadence synthesis tools
- Experience with FPGA architectures and design flows.
- Experience with hardware lab equipment including oscilloscope, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, etc.
If you're driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it's time for you to join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
© 2012 Research In Motion Limited. All Rights Reserved. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties of Research In Motion Limited. RIM, BlackBerry, "Always On, Always Connected" and the "envelope in motion" symbol are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries.
BlackBerry, a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry. Today, we are ready to set the industry alight once again, with the launch of the BlackBerry® 10 OS and our next generation of leading edge mobile computing devices. The industry is changing and so are we... Through o...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with BlackBerry
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this