Director of Product Management (Discovery)
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
The International Ecommerce Product department is currently seeking a skilled and energetic Director of Product Management to lead the Discovery Vertical. The role will bridge the needs of our customers (fans, artists, promoters, International markets, venues and partners) and the creativity of our design and engineering and QA teams. This is a position with line management responsibilities. The successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding leadership ability to combine product vision with the hands-on skills to work with cross functional teams in delivering new products and features quickly to market for all of our Web properties.
Responsibilities will cover the direct management of a team of Product Managers, as well as identifying market opportunities, stakeholder understanding, competitive analysis, product planning, requirements gathering, benefit planning and tracking, product specification and the continuous improvement of our processes. You will be responsible for a number of products and services from inception to launch and will drive a cross-functional team to ensure you deliver on, personal and team objectives and Live Nation Entertainment delivers on its core business goals.
You will have proven commercial Product management experience, which includes proven line management experience. Ideally you will be a Certified Product owner, having proven experience of working on projects using the Agile framework.
- Direct management of a team of Product managers to include coaching, appraisals, continuous professional development, recognising individual strengths and building goals around them
- Demonstrate excellent strengths based leadership abilities to motivate the team to achieve high standards of commitment and work.
- To identify and research market and commercial opportunities through existing and cutting edge technologies presenting findings and recommendations back to the Ecommerce Executive team demonstrating the business value of the proposed solution.
- To take a lead role in the development, communication and delivery of product vision and strategy to meet end users requirements, build competitive advantage and ongoing business needs.
- To organise and co-ordinate collaborative work ensuring product artefacts, processes, reports and specifications meet the highest standards across the whole team.
- To ensure expert knowledge is constantly spread across the team, using ad-hoc and formal training and coaching, so facilitating a consistent level of product support within the team
- To take a lead role in the implementation and refinement of new processes and to coach in their adoption
- To build excellent relationships with all of our internal customers in order to clearly understand and represent their business needs for each product
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of our external customers and their website usage trends through qualitative and quantitative analysis
- To constantly update and prioritise product and business requirements using Roadmaps, Sprint and Product Backlogs
- To define product specifications using clear, consistent and unambiguous requirements / user stories and acceptance criteria with any supporting documentation required
- To work closely with Engineers, QA, Design and the Content team during the release process to provide clarity around product feature definition, customer requirements and Sprint goals
- To track the business value of new features or enhancements using key performance indicators, reporting on ROI over agreed timeframes.
- To set an example to other members of the team on the shared ownership of all tasks required to complete good quality work for the delivery of product features and enhancements.
- To lead the development of a self managing cross functional team where every member of a project or release believes that they are “all in this together”
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- To be dependable by consistently hitting goals and objectives within agreed timescales and supporting the VP of Product with adhoc projects, reports and presentations.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Educated to degree level and fluent in English.
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrable experience in successfully managing a motivated team.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills with a strong emphasis on the ability to clearly communicate the user journey using defined formats and conventions, to understand the impact of decisions across the wider team and to use all available means to clearly communicate concepts, solutions and issues in gaining consensus and a single understanding.
- Strong quantitative analytical abilities with experience of using Omniture to pull data for reports.
- Excellent experience in the development and maintenance of Ecommerce transactional sites and especially the search and browse areas
- A Certified Product Owner (Agile) with an advanced understanding of the Scrum framework, estimating and tracking methods and its implementation and refinement within a development team
- An excellent working knowledge of end to end product management experience of software / online technologies, social media and emerging trends
- Demonstrable experience quantifying business benefits based on measurable outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience of converting business requirements into clear coherent specifications using user stories, acceptance criteria and any other supporting documentation.
- Proven UI and wireframe development skills using Visio and Axure.
- Ability to assess broader and deeper impact of decisions, encouraging cross-functional brainstorming and project teaming.
- Self starter with entrepreneurial drive with appreciation of user-experience, business, and commercial values
- Solid understanding of online music products and online ticketing technologies
- Excellent general technical skills
- Understanding of key web development principles and languages (ASP.net)
- Experience in using MS TFS / TeamShare / Sharepoint portal or Jira
- Passion for live entertainment and digital media consumer products and services, experience in these industries strongly preferred.
How to apply
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description apply here today with a current CV including full employment and education information
As the world's leading live entertainment ticketing and marketing company, Ticketmaster connects the world to live entertainment. Ticketmaster operates in 20 global markets, providing ticket sales, ticket resale services, marketing and distribution through www.ticketmaster.co.uk in the UK and international websites ...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with Ticketmaster
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this