BE PART OF EUROPE'S NUMBER ONE CARD PAYMENT PROCESSOR
Data Migration Manager
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Competitive + Benefits
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
WorldPay provides a globally connected, locally coordinated Card Payment Processing service for business both large and small. Quite simply, we help businesses around the world to collect payments, using a swift, secure electronic payment solution. We operate in more than 40 countries – and today, we’re one of the leading independent providers of safe payment services globally.
- A Data Migration Manager to lead the work on the data migration of data from a number of existing Legacy systems to a single new target system
- You will lead interactions with the business to gather information on date to be migrated, acting as the interface between the business owners/users of the data and the technical activity of the data.
- You will be expected to manage the full data migration life cycle including, defining what data needs to be migrated to the new target system, the approach and strategy that will be adopted to migrate the data, data cleansing scope and completion, access to historic data that will not be migrated to the target system, and any other business input to the data migration work stream.
Skills & Experience
Critical Competencies: skills and abilities required for the role:
- Very strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to understand stakeholder expectations and be able to negotiate and influence at a senior level
- Excellent Communications skills, written and spoken
- Achieving Excellence. Leads by example. A ‘can do’ positive attitude.
- Builds trust, willing to express opinions in debates, buy into decisions showing commitment and be accountable.
- You must have a proven track record managing several large scale, complex strategic data migration implementations.
- Knowledge of the global payments industry is desirable or a good understanding of payments transaction life cycle: Messaging flow through capture, routing, formatting/translation, transmission and auditing.
- Communicate effectively at all levels both within Technology, business and 3rd party service providers.
- Experience of relational databases such as Oracle 11g R2, SQL Server
- Experience of IBM DB2 (on z/OS operating system for mainframe) and VSAM (Virtual Storage Access Method on z/OS) to understand legacy systems
- Strong understanding of the whole data life cycle including good practice for data cleansing, reconciliation and ETL processes and tools (e.g. Abinitio, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Enterprise Data Quality)
- Significant experience of defining data migration strategies and migration planning
- Previous experience of leading at least one data migration project end-to-end from a non-oracle to oracle system.
- Experience of Oracle Exadata
- Data warehousing principles
- Content management systems (e.g. Oracle Content Management)
- 4. Data cleansing tools (and business liaison to understand cleansing requirements)
WorldPay provides a globally connected, locally coordinated Card Payment Processing service for business both large and small. Quite simply, we help businesses around the world to collect payments, using swift, secure electronic payment solutions. We operate in more than 40 countries – and today, we’re...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with Worldpay
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this