Developer In Test
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
BBC Travel News www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews provides the audience with a ‘one-stop shop’ for traffic and transport incident reports, updated around the clock, around the country. The BBC Travel News site is visited by around 350,000 users in the UK each week, but peaks to over 1 million users when we have severe weather events like snow leading to widespread traffic and transport disruption. Both the website and mobile site are built on a dynamic infrastructure, developed by a multi-disciplinary agile team. BBC Travel News is part of BBC Future Media’s News and Knowledge department, which employs nearly 200 people and deals with high volume and respected sites such as News, Weather and Food.
This role will be based in Cardiff.
BBC FM News and Knowledge is looking for an experienced, professional and enthusiastic software tester to join an agile product development team. As the newest role in our software delivery job family, Developers-in-Test are expected to perform a developer role, with a focus on testability. Applying a variety of techniques, and applying their unique experience, to review designs, analyse code quality and assess risk. They refactor code to make it more testable, write test frameworks and automated tests. They collaborate with developers and other stakeholders to define and achieve successful delivery of high quality software for our major online products.
- Experience of and ability to design and execute effective functional tests
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, to perform business analysis and produce relevant acceptance criteria
- Experience identifying the genesis of a defect, using de-bugging tools (e.g. Firebug or rdebug), analysing stack traces, code, log-files and other artefacts
- Understanding of databases and services (e.g.RESTful services), including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats that may include XML and JSON
- Significant experience working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver software development projects. Broad understanding of Agile development practices including TDD & BDD and their application.
- Experience using test automation frameworks and tools, such as Cucumber, Capybara, Selenium, Watir,
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, HTTP
- Understanding of major browsers and browser development tools
- Working knowledge of version control systems to ensure version control of test/development artefacts (e.g. SVN, Perforce, baazar), with some experience of distributed version control (i.e. git) desirable
- Working knowledge of a CI system to create builds, ideally Hudson (or others e.g. Jenkins, Cruise Control, Team City)
- Working knowledge of major operating systems, including Windows, OSX and Linux
Closing date: 20 August 2012
The BBC’s unique position as a public service broadcaster brings both big opportunities and big responsibilities for the people that work here. If you join us, we’ll expect a lot from you – but you’ll have the chance to work in a role that will challenge and stretch you. Career devel...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with BBC
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this